18 Eylül 2026 Cuma

that vast rubbish heap

 
They’ve gathered everything up. 
Leftovers... as if they were mere scraps... 
Spouse, friends, and kin,
Those most beautiful, fading scents and the books...
Blue dreams, memories, and recollections tucked away in linens smelling of mothballs...
They’ve gathered everything up.
Clearly, they couldn't quite consume it all... 
The dust, the soil, that diary, the strands of hair...
The papers and the birds...
The dust, the soil,
Every speck of you, and the vast universe that was you...
They’ve gathered everything up.
All the days you were born,
Your steps, your smiles, and your eyes... 
They’ve gathered everything up.
To their minds,
Everything,every place is spotless and gleaming now.
Tell the garbage collectors,
They must have lost their minds,
To find my yesterdays in that foul-smelling cosmos of lost days...
They’ve gathered everything up.
So where am I, and who am I now...?
A king of trash, perhaps?
A knight of yesterdays, blessed by the sword in your hands,and perhaps,
With soiled hands and face... 
or so they claimed;
I merely brushed against Love, 
was stained by Love and yet...
They’ve gathered everything up.
And my mind, and the hollows and nooks of my heart,
And my flesh, and the hands of my heart bloody, strong, and clutching at life
And my soul, and my brain...
I ask you all: Is it all just one giant rubbish heap now...?
They’ve gathered everything up.
Yet that is all I ever owned,
And that vast rubbish heap, now...


10:03 Arts and literature of the feeble-minded, and dreams of a cornfield where crows are chased away...

Hiç yorum yok: